January 5, 2005

Genesis of "rbolsqp"

rbolsqp" is the creation of a playful thought. During my third year high school, I was compelled to create my own signature. Tired with the common imprints that I saw, I played with the possible combinations of my name, initials, nicknames, and other insertible designs.


The first design was basically my initials - dabejojr. The design follows that of my mother's strokes.

In pursuit of a more creative design, I came up with linear strokes which at first glance would resemble a fishbone structure. The concept arrived upon seeing reversed names used as call signs. And so the second graphic was created which read REVERSESAICARGOED. But it had to be discarded due to the time consuming construction of the signature.

Then I opted to use circular strokes having seen Jimbo print his name. And thus by merely writing jonibejo in similar manner I was able to create the signature drawn below.

It failed to satisfy me. It was so simple.

Further scribbles led me to a simpler jonibejo\dbejojr design. Readable and implying the name which I was known since childhood. But by sheer accident, I was able to see what I wrote upside down as I was returning to my chair from the comfort room. It read olsgiwol\rbolsqp. I adapted the form but the length was annoying so I had to cut it down to simply rbolsqp.


No comments:

Post a Comment